Thursday, March 27, 2003


Why I Hate Jean Chretien
He's such a blowhole. In my favourite movie, An American President (A.Sorkin, natch) the Michaels Fox and Douglas talk about how, in the absense of great leadership, people will eat sand because they don't know any better. Or something close to that - I've flubbed the line horribly. It makes me think of our pathetic excuse of a prime minister, who has created such a diplomatic mess that Paul Martin will spend years cleaning it up. And Ernie too, now falling over himself to apologize to Runicman. Yes, we spit on you. I'm very sorry that we did that. Just send us a fart and call it even.

Speaking of politics (but not for long - it tires me so), what's with The West Wing? I can't stomach it any more. It gives me a headache. It's become Dawson's Creek but with graduate degrees and lobbyist agendas. People don't really talk like that. Ever. After taping, I'll bet the actors fall exhausted onto couches in the green room, and cry. Aaron Sorkin pre-rehab was way better.