Friday, March 21, 2003


What Makes Me Smile


Huckle: the cat who doesn't live here. I have given Huckle our cat food, our cat toys, a wool blanket in a box when it was cold, and get nothing in return. Now that's love, baby. Too bad he's filthy and smells like garbage.

Sammy!: I get to see my nephew tomorrow! And I'm not just saying that because my sister's going to read this.

Martha: Oh come on. She makes me laugh. Last night she did a segment on what to pack for long hikes with your dogs. As if she walks her own dogs. Hmph.

American Idol: Love the show. Three hours every week of people singing. It's pure entertainment - I listen to each and think "oh you'll win for sure".

What Makes Me Crabby

Fake Ladies: I was in line behind a fake boob, fake lip, fake tan ("Hello, I'm orange"), bottle blonde yesterday, waiting for a bagel. I was ignored by three guys who busied themselves making her sandwhich.

Dog Do: It's on the lawn. It's on the sidewalk. It's everywhere.

War: It makes me sad. It makes me think of Montreal, and the other war, and Marc Lepine, and how I'm ashamed to be a Canadian right now.

Hockey fans in Montreal: I can't believe they boo'ed the US anthem. First of all, shut up. Secondly, their anthem is way better than ours. Thirdly, we should be hanging our heads. Is it finally OK for me to say that French people are ignorant? Thank you.