Monday, March 24, 2003


Sweet Dreams Are Made of Easy Off
My maddening bout of insomnia has ended, it seems. When I woke up, I slowly looked towards the clock radio, expecting to see the usual 2:00 a.m. Zut alors! It was 8:30!! I had such nice dreams, too. In one, I had a clean oven, which I don't and never will. But I was so happy in the dream... I am tempted to go scrape at it for a while. Maybe then the smoke dector won't go off everytime I cook something.

The Man Who Wants Nothing
The Hubby's birthday is fast approaching, and I am without inspiration. If asked what would make him happy, he makes impossible requests like "the winning lotto ticket" or "just get me a good job" or "pull my finger". The first two are obviously out of my control, and the third, like a clean oven, just ain't gonna happen in my house. Your suggestions would be most appreciated.

I Cuss, You Cuss, We All Cuss for Asparagus!
Artichokes! Asparagus! Fiddleheads! Oh My! I feasted on spring vegetables for dinner last night, with unpleasant scatological repurcussions. If you are planning a fibre party of your own, proceed with caution. Like the Ice Queen, I share because I care. Know what, though? It was worth it.