Wednesday, April 02, 2003


Adventures in Nerd Land

They say that in the country of the blind, the one-eyed woman is queen; that was me today! I spent three hours at George Brown College interviewing people who are deaf and blind, using a manual alphabet to communicate with them. It was exhausting. So exhausting, in fact, that I wasn't able to appreciate the realization of my dream to run into someone from my past (try to follow the akward syntax)! I moved here almost eight years ago, and frequently lament the fact that I never "bump into" people I went to school with, or used to work with.... Well I saw a guy today that I had a huge crush on when I lived in Ottawa. He was in the same diocesan youth group as I... but he married another. Now it appears he's on the GBC faculty - but I was too busy to catch his eye. Fantastic guy - college roomate of M. Ondaajte's hottie son, with whom I shared a dance and some lovely hooch once. Yes, we youth group types were wild ones, to be sure....