Thursday, August 21, 2003


Commuting With Crabby

Before I even started my commute this morning, I noticed that the front windows of the cute little mosaic studio around the corner from my house were smashed in. Three squad cars were parked out front with their lights flashing.

Two minutes into my commute, a taxi t-boned into a little Honda hatchback in the middle of an intersection. Squeal, slam, shatter. I've been in enough car accidents to be very badly affected when I see other people have them. So far, this morning sucks.

At Dundas and Sherbourne, a cop jumped out of his cruiser, grabbed a scruffy dude off his ten speed, tossed him to the ground and cuffed him. My streetcar cruises past at a leisurely pace so that everyone can crane their necks and stare. Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

At Dundas and Jarvis, man barfed off sidewalk into street. Cyclist swerved into traffic to avoid the splash, nearly got killed. Difficult choice, I admit: boozy vomit spray or traction. Your thoughts?

And how was your ride in?