Monday, August 11, 2003


My Toe Job with Ringo

"You have many callouses," Ringo tells me while rubbing sea salt and essential oils over my tired piggies. "That's good sign. It means you not lazy." That took the wind out of my sails, let me tell you. I was about to ask him to bring me another glass of wine, and to get some colder grapes for us.

The pedicure experience is one of my favourite things. This time, my soon-to-be-sailing-'round-the-world sister in law joined me. She had lots of callouses too. Then we joined our men and had lots of lunch and even more laughs. It didn't suck.

That was Friday. A migraine slammed into me later, which didn't really go away until Sunday morning. That's so typical, that I get really sick on the weekends. My dad always did too. It's called Anti Stress Syndrome. Oh well, at least I now have baby-smooth feet and conservatively polished toes! That's got to count for something, right? Right?