Tuesday, August 19, 2003


Seen and Heard


In Little India and heading West on Gerrard: litter everywhere, for blocks and blocks and blocks. Get it together, people! Pick up after yourselves.

On CBC radio, Sunday afternoon: A Canadian Tire gas station in Hamilton advertised its gas at .99 cents a litre. When confronted by CBC, the response from head office was "we weren't, uh, actually, ahem, charging .99 cents a litre... we, uh, just posted that price to discourage customers from lining up for an hour."

In my garden: tired, shrivelling, dying plants. Maybe if I sneak out in the middle of the night to water my garden, nobody will assassinate me.

In my fridge: the back wall. I haven't seen the back of my fridge for six years. Most of those items were probably rotten long before the power went off, but it took a state of emergency for me to throw them away.

In my bedroom: sounds of outside. Our air conditioner is off. The windows are open. Man, this city is loud. Keep it down, will ya? Some of us are trying to sleep.