Friday, August 08, 2003


The Friday Five


1) How long does it take you to get to work, from door to door, and do you use public transit or take your car?
It takes me about 40 minutes by streetcar to get to work, but about 50 minutes coming home for some reason.

2) Would you ever consider a job that involved a commute of 75 minutes or more?
Never, not in a million years would I ever do that again.

3) What's the latest you've stayed at work, and what was the reason?
Last night! I left at 8 o'clock, because I am playing "catch up from last week" at a feverish pitch, and I was determined to take my Sunny Friday today. However, the last time I left work "on time" was in mid-July.

4) Is your office a 9-5-with-an-hour-for-lunch environment, or is clock-watching frowned upon?
That describes my office perfectly, right up to the president and the director. Tumbleweeds blow down the hall at 5:05. Except for this week and last week.

5) If you do take a lunch hour, what do you do during that time?
I hardly ever have time for a lunch break, excpet for three times last month, when I went clothes shopping at the Eaton Centre. If I had the time everyday, I would go for a walk, cop a squat and read a book, attend the free concerts at Nathan Phillips Square, go to the Farmer's Market, browse Chinatown or Queen West... all the things my less-busy colleagues do. Sniff.