Wednesday, July 09, 2003


Bridezilla Stirkes Again!
A colleague of mine is getting married on Saturday. She is so beautiful, and such a warm person; I can't imagine a prettier bride (she's no Bridezilla - it just makes a snappy headline). I asked a few polite questions about the flowers, the dress, the wedding... until it appeared that she was about to cry! I had forgotten how stressful the final countdown days were before my wedding. I distinctly remember Mr. Crabby chopping wood in the driveway after a phone call from my mother left me in tears. I asked for a turn with the axe, hoping to relieve my wedding stress, and he said "Like Hell!"

I learned, however, that my pretty colleague's guest list was finalized at 373 people. Sweet Jesus, I thought. No wonder she's about to cry! Mr. Crabby and I had about 85 guests, and if we had a second kick at the can, we'd invite about 20.

What were the most stressful aspects of your wedding planning? How many guests did you host? And which of them behaved badly (there's always one)?