Friday, July 04, 2003

My chosen candidate declined my offer. No Assistant for Crabby, at least for a while longer. Ah, forgeddaboudit. It's Friday. Gimme Five.

1. What were your favorite childhood stories?
My mother recorded herself reading The Cat in the Hat on tape because she was tired of reading it over and over and over again to me. Green Eggs and Ham was another favourite. I also remember a book called Just So Stories that I read to myself when I was a little older.

2. What book from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children?
Well, I don't have children, but I would like a copy of a scratch and sniff book about trees. It showed all the different types of trees, and you could sniff the picture. I loved that book, and I still don't know much about trees, so it would be very valuable.

3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything?
No. Life has enough surprises.

4. How old were you when you first learned to read?
Six, I think.

5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you?
I would cite Anne of Green Gables, or Little Women. I have no idea how old I was when I first read them.