Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Skirting The Issue
Three strange events have occurred today: I craved and succumbed to chocolate; I went clothes shopping and bought a skirt; and, I acted very managerial. Usually, even in positions of authority, I act like a goof. Perhaps today is good practice for when my assistant starts - or if she starts. Upon being offered the job, she asked for time to consider the offer, which annoyed me, although I've done the same thing in the past.

Why such errant behaviour? Am I pregnant? Is the moon in Acquarius? According to my horoscope, today's the day that I "... will make a big impression on those in positions of authority. You may also surprise yourself by discovering that you actually quite enjoy what you have been tasked to do even though you thought it was going to be the most boring thing in the world.

My job is actually very boring, which suits me just fine right now. Clothes shopping at lunch time was also boring, albeit productive. The new book I'm reading is boring. The book I wrote is admittedly boring (for a free copy call 1-800-513-7813). However, in a happy nod to Ice Queen, the song playing in my head is supremely hilarious. To the tune of "Age of Aquarius", it's "Man With a Hairy Ass". Mr. Crabby's been singing it for days, near-collapsing in fits of laughter each time.