Tuesday, June 24, 2003


'Till Death Do Us Part

And speaking of Catholics....
A friend once said "any woman looking for a husband has obviously never had one". Maybe in this case, things would be different. A retired college administrator in Miami has become the Bride of Christ. I don't see much point in this; it makes certain things very difficult. For example, if He were to die, she couldn't collect any benefits because He'd rise from the dead. God knows, He's done it before. And what about the blue jobs - taking out the garbage, mowing the lawn, and carrying heavy groceries? However, any time she saw the "what would Jesus do?" bumper sticker, she could just ask Him, because she's His wife. And... He'd have to forgive her every single time she was naughty, or quarreled with Him... 'cuz that's His job. I think this would get old very quickly.

I already have a saint for a husband, and I wouldn't trade him for a dozen Jesuses, and not for a dozen cheeses either. He tolerates me far more than Christ would. The other day I bought a little cottagey sign for our front door that says "Go Away". I hung it up because it amused me. Mr. Crabby also found this amusing, but I'll bet Jesus wouldn't.