Friday, June 20, 2003


Seen and Heard
I need to hire an assistant. This week, I've interviewed five candidates so far. On paper, their qualifications impressed me. Here are some selected nuggets from their interviews - but make sure you're sitting down. These will take your breath away.

"I have no defined goals, career or otherwise."
"I don't like to be interfered with at work."
"My ideal work environment has low lighting, private spaces with piped-in music."
"My former employer was going to sue me for libel but they changed their minds."
"I've been accepted into graduate school so I'm only interested in working here for two months. Is that OK?"
"Thank you for the opportunity to come to this interview." (wait for it...) "May God Bless you Miss Lisa."

A few of the five candidates had interesting interpretations of "interview clothes". One wore a plaid flannel shirt with capri pants, and another had cross-trainers on her feet. Five down, two to go. So far, Church Lady is the front runner.