Tuesday, April 29, 2003


Ready, Aim, Destroy
What's the deal with garbage men? My friend Nancy says they're all either stoned or hungover, which would explain their total disregard for my garden. Last week, they flung an emptied blue box onto my neighbour's car - no damage done, miraculously, but he nearly burst a blood vessel. The week before, they tossed our garbage bin onto my tulip bed, damaging about a half dozen wee buds. Today, garbage bin AND blue box chucked onto the now destroyed tulips. I wanted to run outside and scream at them, make a public display, even, but my hair was wet and I was wearing nothing but a torn Globe And Mail t-shirt. There's the public display, I suppose, or a pubic one.

While walking through the Beach yesterday, all the garbage bins had fresh green bags in them, but were surrounded by piles of litter scattered on the ground. Do garbage men ONLY empty the bags, and ignore the crap that spilled over to the ground? Are they visually impaired? Are they working to rule again?

Rant over. Crab out.