Friday, September 26, 2003

Starting on Monday, I will be reporting to a new vice president, whose first day will in fact be Monday. I'm nervous, or as Mr. Crabby would say, "nerdvous". I get on quite well with my current boss, and I'm upset about breaking up with her and hooking up with "new guy", as everyone calls him. Parting is such sweet sorrow. Such terrifying, upsetting sorrow.

What if he thinks I'm an idiot? I come off that way sometimes, because I don't always take things very seriously (on purpose). What if he's a clock-watcher? I'm not always here at spot-on nine o'clock. What if he's a misogynist, a Conservative, a bad speller, a country-music fan, a jock?

How will I tell him that I'm taking time off to have surgery in the lady-regions? Will he get that I'm obsessively detail-oriented and that my first love is a seamless production schedule? Does he like to also unwind with an MS Project gantt chart? Will he too love the smell of cover stock varnish in the morning?

I guess we'll just wait and see. Stay tuned for the continuing saga of Crabby and the New Guy.