Friday, September 26, 2003


If it's No' Sco'ish, it's The Friday Five!


1) Irish Whiskey or Scotch? Which do you prefer?
I looooove scotch. I started enjoying scotch in my early 20s; in my late 20s, I was introduced to the good stuff by Mr. Crabby's friend. I owe a lot of rough mornings to that man. I like single malt, from the highlands, and the peatier and smokier the better.

2) Have you ever eaten haggis?
Yes, I tasted it once at a wine and food fair in Ottawa. It was horrible. My nephew and his fiancé (yes, that's right, but I'm not as old as that makes me sound) eat it all the time - by choice! Like Mike Meyers' character in So I Married an Axe Murderer, I think most Scottish food is based on a dare.

3) Any Scottish blood in your family?
My background is Welsh, but growing up I always said Scottish because nobody had ever heard of Wales. I hang out with a smarter crowd these days.

4) Bagpipes: a horrid mistake or nostalgic and endearing? Discuss.
Nostalgic and endearing, to be sure.

5) Do you own anything plaid?
Oh lordy, yes. I have plaid underwear, plaid clothing, plaid blankets, plaid napkins, plaid tablecloth, and even a sweet little plaid train case that subs for a purse/briefcase in the autumn.