Monday, September 22, 2003


What To Do


What to Rent: Door to Door. It won three Emmy's last night, deservedly so. Really, I just wanted to use the word "deservedly" in a sentence. It's so musical.
What to Stop: Watching awards shows. There's three hours I'll never get back, but I can't help myself. I watch them all, year after year. I even make a nicer-than-usual dinner when awards shows are on, to partake in the festivities. Somebody help me.
What to Eat: Risotto, stuffed peppers, baked apples, bbq pork chops, pizza, but not all at once.
What to Drink: Pinot Noir, but not on weekdays, unless it's been a very good or a very bad day. Somebody help me.
What to Feel Guilty About: Laughing at my spazz-cat when she fell, again, off the counter. Not cleaning my nasty kitchen floor. Letting another weekend pass without removing any wallpaper. Wearing jeans to work last Friday.
What to Feel Good About: Tomorrow evening at Icy's (excuse to drink Pinot Noir). Spending the whole day on the couch reading yesterday. An evening to myself tonight.
What to Read: Maeve Binchy. It's easy to consume 700 pages in a day when you have a cat on your belly for nine hours.
What to Do: Write a thank-you note to the owner of the Italian market who gave me a pot of her vegetable stock yesterday, for being a "good customer". Can you believe that? These are the people in my neighbourhood...
What to Celebrate: The end of construction, at least in my neighbourhood! No more shuttle busses! In the middle of the night, I heard a streetcar rattle past our house - the first one since late March. "Ahhhhh, that's the stuff," I thought to myself.