Friday, September 19, 2003


The Friday Five


1. Who is your favourite singer? Why?
If I had to pick one, I would say Sara MacLaughlin, because her voice is exquisite, she is ethical and kind based on what I've read, and she writes her own lyrics, which impresses me.

2. What one singer can you not stand? Why?
I cannot stand certain types of music, like rap for example, but I can't identify a particular singer to dislike. Unless he or she is a rapper.

3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person?
I've read her cookbook, and I'm certain that I'd like her very much.

4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show?
Yes, I've attended concerts. The best show I ever saw was too long ago to remember. Sara MacLaughlin's concerts are wonderful. Simple Minds put on quite a show, as did Styx, in their Mr. Roboto tour in, yikes, 1985 I think. Know what, though? Mamma Mia was the best I've seen recently.

5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums?
I think I'll go download some now! I've supported the music industry quite well over the years. First,we bought a bunch of records. Then, we had to buy a bunch of cassette tapes, along with Walkmans and boom boxes to play them on. Then, oh my, you have to replace everything with CDs. What next? I say enough!