Friday, September 19, 2003

I'm a surfin' girl today - just sitting around at work waiting for film to be delivered. I can't believe I came in at all, after the awful week I've had, and considering that I was on the phone with our designer at ten o'clock last night. So here I sit, in jeans even, surfing, blogging, waiting...

And talk about surfing... it occurs to me that my brother in law and his wife might've been at sea during this crappy weather. Earlier this month, they left their land-lubbing family and took off for a year on their sailboat. I've made a few phone calls, but nobody's certain where they'd be right now. I'm hoping, and fairly certain, that they dry-docked and are holed up in a Motel 6 somewhere having sex. In fact, let's all do that. Let's make a national policy: during ice storms, power outages, tropical storms... get thee hence to the nearest seedy motel, order a pizza and get down to business!

Henry's Quotes of the Day
The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
Henry David Thoreau