Friday, August 01, 2003

I've had the most stressful week, am completely sleep-deprived, and very cranky. I've earned about two lieu days this week alone, and I'm not sleeping again. However, it's Friday, the grant applications are merrily on their way to the advisory committee, and I'm going to a free concert on Sunday. Wanna come? Best of all, I can sleep all weekend if I want to. And speaking of sleep, here's the Friday Five!

1. What time do you wake up on weekday mornings?
This week, two o'clock in the morning. Usually, seven o'clock.

2. Do you sleep in on the weekends? How late?
As often as I can. Half the time, however, I'm wide awake at seven or eight o'clock.

3. Aside from waking up, what is the first thing you do in the morning?
Remove cat from stomach/back/legs, grope for slippers, trip on hungry cat, walk down hall, pee.

4. How long does it take to get ready for your weekday?
This is a very scientific procedure, relying on many variables and factors. Normally I can be out of the house, in business clothes, with clean hair and makeup in 40-45 minutes. If Mr. Crabby reads this, he'll blow coffee out his nose. Really, I can. Very often I have to iron something, clean up cat puke, water the plants, decide to throw in a load of laundry, or have a leisurely bath instead of a shower, any of which would add at least 15 minutes to the morning schedule. If it's raining, or if it's winter, add an extra 5-10 minutes.

5. When possible, what is your favourite place to go for breakfast?
Breakfast isn't really my thing, but we infrequently meet up with Sister StaceyPatrick and Father Patrick O'Stacey for pub brunch. I can tell you that my absolute favourite thing to eat in the morning is Ho-Lee-Chow's hot and sour soup, cold from the fridge. On weekend mornings, I like orange juice mixed with gingerale. For cottage mornings, Bailey's and coffee, or the very-expensive-but-worth-it Alizé (cognac/passion fruit drink).