Saturday, July 19, 2003


Fine, fine, it's not Friday, but here's The Five
Sheesh. Can't a girl take a day off to go to the Zoo and blow kisses at baby gorillas? The amazing little buddies pressed their lips up to the inch of glass that separated us from each other - they were kissing us! I placed my hand on the glass, and one baby gorilla flattened his remarkable hand onto mine. Even Mr. Crabby was moved. The baby polar bear was pretty cute too, and we watched the Sumatran tiger roar his head off right around dinner time. Go to the Zoo, OK? The otters get fed at 1:30, and it's quite a show, but the best time to go is between 4 - 7 pm, when all the families with kids have left.

1. When was the last time you played hookie?
For the record, I wasn't playing hookie - this was my Sunny Friday. The last time I remember blowing off work was last summer.

2. When was the last time you nicked something from your workplace?
I regularly go home with pens and pencils stuck in my hair. Most of the time I return them. But not always.

3. Assuming that you like what you are working at now, which other career path do you wish you'd pursued?
I realize now that I'd love to be a vetrinarian, but I wasn't exposed to animals or pets until my adulthood.

4. Are there any animals at your workplace?
Sadly, no. Just academics.

5. Do you work with other animal lovers?
Two or three people have cats and dogs, but it's not like where I used to work. At my old job, a voice mailed "Bigkitty's sick" or "Bigkitty's gone" meant they wouldn't see me for a day or two, no questions asked.