Thursday, June 19, 2003

Music to my ears
Icy's recent post reminds me of junior high - the days of first kisses, first "car" dates (i.e. not being driven by parents or taking the bus together), and first concerts. My first concert was either Styx's Mr. Roboto tour, or Duran Duran. The Payolas opened for Duran Duran, and at the time, "Eyes of a Stranger" was one of my favourite songs. The Styx concert was outdoors, at Ottawa's sorry version of the Ex, which was also called the Ex. Over the years I saw Billy Idol, Sherry Keene (one hit wonder), Katrina and the Waves, Brian Adams about four times, Gowan, the Spoons two or three times, Chalk Circle, Glass Tiger, among others whose names I can't remember.

My first "car" date involved going downtown together to see INXS.

What was your first concert? First "car" date?