Friday, June 13, 2003


It's pissy outside, but it's Friday. Here's Five:


1. What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but never have?
Canoe the Nahane River in the Yukon and write poems about it. Sometimes I want to be Emily Carr.

2. When someone asks your opinion about a new haircut/outfit/etc, are you always honest?
No. But I imagine they can tell.

3. Have you ever found out something about a friend and then wished you hadn't? What happened?
Twice. Once, I found out that my friend had taken all the money her parents gave her for university, then only pretended to go to university for two years. Secondly, I learned a friend's husband had been hiding an affair AND a cocaine habit for two years. I hate being "had" by people, being led to believe in them, while being duped all along.

4. If you could live in any fictional world (from a book/movie/game/etc.) which would it be and why?
Pooh Corner, because, man, that Christopher Robin had it made. But Narnia would also be nice to visit.

5. What's one talent/skill you don't have but always wanted?
Oh, to sing like Sarah Vaughan. I would give ten years to sing like that.