Thursday, June 12, 2003


Peace Out
Big cock up at work today (Chip, that means "problem"). Because I'm "the newbie", only three weeks old, someone forgot to include me in a rushed but important stream of e-mails about a Web site related decision. So off I go, telling the Webmaster to do one thing, which she does, then all hell breaks loose when everyone else notices. "Well who the hell told her to do that?" At least everyone felt equally stewpid about it when I responded "I did". Inside, I was really nervous and fucked up. On the outside, I was trying for a serene, unphased reaction, hoping to seem like I saw the humour in the situation. I have no idea if I pulled it off. It's entirely possible that I looked like one of the counsellors at Camp Krusty after Bart toppled their corrupt regime.

Then, on the way home, the subway broke down in between stations, and all the lights shut off! This has never happened to me! That nervous and fucked up feeling returned, and I thought "Great day to be wearing Nana's gold watch". I held my purse tight to my chest, clasped my hand over the watch and started the breathing exercises they teach you at migraine clinics. Then of course, I nodded off. Eventually, the subway must have started up again, because I woke up a stop too late, and walked home in the rain. Can't win for losing these days!

Friday is four hours away.