Friday, June 06, 2003


The Friday Five

1. How many times have you truly been in love?
Three times, perhaps only two.

2. What was/is so great about the person you love(d) the most?
He makes me laugh. He compliments me every day without fail. He gave me kittens. He doesn't cringe when I sing along with the radio, even though I'm so, so bad.

3. What qualities should a significant other have?
If marrying into my family, patience.

4. Have you ever broken someone's heart?
Yes. I didn't know until later that I'd done that. I was very cavalier.

5. If there was one thing you could teach people about love or marriage, what would it be?
My sister-in-law once said something that has rung true for me as well: Sometimes, your marriage will go through rotten phases where you can't stand to be in the same room together. Remember that those phases are situational, and shouldn't represent what you have built together. Make a choice everyday to love, to be together, to honour each other, even from separate rooms. That's what will carry you through.