Thursday, June 05, 2003


Gas Leaks, and the Lifesaving Power of Beer
Mr. Crabby's threatened to put me in a home. "But I live in a home already," I said. "This one." He explained that he meant the kind of home for people who leave burners on and almost blow up the house.

I thought I'd turned it off. I mean, who wouldn't turn the stove off? Me, that's who. The knob was nudged almost to off, but "on" just enough to leak gas throughout the house for six hours Tuesday night. Thank goodness Mr. Crabby had popped back a couple of beer while watching wrestling (I know, I know...) that evening, and woke up to use the facilities just after midnight. He roused me immediately, and we opened up all the windows. It was very scary, and what a stench. I got a well deserved lecture, and we went back to bed after everything cleared up. Take a guess at how many times I checked the stove last night, and how many times I will tonight.

In my experience, beer causes gas. This week, it saved us from it. I think Matt Groening needs to know about this.