Friday, May 23, 2003


Seen and Heard

This week's bizarre happenings made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants. I hope you enjoy them too.

In rainy Prince Edward County: black muscle car, running, locked, blaring Johnny Cash at ear-splitting levels. The owner was sitting in the garage drinking beer from a can, waiting for CAA. The keys were of course, in the car. He couldn't look us in the eye for the rest of the weekend.

On the Queen 501 streetcar: homeless woman with lots of plastic bags tells me "People make themselves unavailable to each other." "Yeah, I hate that," says me. Shocked, she gets up and changes seats! A smelly homeless person ditched me!

In backyard: manky squirrel boxes Skinny Kitty Big Head in the face.

Municipal parking office: "No, you can't have two cars with the same plates." "Yes, two car, same pwate. Pahk cars on stweet." One big problem, no common language. Of course I only found this funny because I was at the front of the line, not the end of the line...