Wednesday, May 28, 2003


Do they have Tang in Iraq?
CBC Radio One reported this morning that Iraqi citizens found and dumped barrels of radioactive substances used to make nuclear fuel, then used the barrels to store food and water. The US's reacted by hoping the environmental impact was not too great. What about the people? What about the impact on them?

It's a hard knock life for us.... crustaceans?
The Crab industry remained in turmoil on Tuesday as processing plants in Newfoundland and Labrador started closing and laying off employees. Processors claim they can't afford to pack Crab under current conditions, and that Crab prices have risen recently.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?
The struggle for a floor lamp continues. Two more people came to talk to me about it yesterday, and I'm starting to feel like a dork who has to keep repeating the same simple request over and over again. "I only use one eye, and this overhead fluorescent lighting is too harsh for me." I don't want to appear "difficult" after only 2 days, so maybe I'll just bring one from home. Sigh. The kicker is that I'm only asking for a $59.00 lamp from Ikea. I will even get it and deliver it myself. What's the deal?

Bye bye black sheep
Mr. Crabby's cousin died of a drug overdose last week. We just received this information last night. I think it took a few days for someone to find him. Nobody wants to go to the funeral, even to support his mother. He was just that awful to people.