Thursday, May 22, 2003


The Best Day Ever

If this was Wednesday, I'd buy a lotto ticket. Sister StaceyPatrick buys me a tiny magnetic bendy dog! Then she buys me lunch. Then, in my favourite consignment store, I find an un-worn pair of Calvin Klein navy leather sling backs for $15.00! The original price sticker read $450.00. Gasp! Next, off to the municipal parking office to renew our parking permit. Wonder of wonders, only three people were ahead of me in line. Hurrah! I'd postponed this errand for an entire week, envisioning Russian bread line-type crowds. My good luck continued when I caught a streetcar right away, AND got a seat! When I got to my stop, I turned to the driver and said "Thank you," as I often do, and he responded "Have a great afternoon, bright eyes." Wait - I'm not done! Mr. Crabby treated me to take-in Jamaican food for dinner!

The dark cynic that lurks inside me suspects I'll be gunned down in a robbery-gone-wrong tomorrow. Nobody can have the happy day I've just enjoyed and not pay their karmic dues. For example, I'm now certain these new shoes will be the death of me - I can't walk in them! There are crutches in my future, but it will be worth it. Big bargain, bad sprain. It figures.