Friday, May 09, 2003


I have a final addition to the Mothers Day Suite of poems, but it's about the mother of a murderer and I think it's too dark to share with you (it's called December 6th, 1989, to give you an idea). So, in the spirit of fun-making, here's The Friday Five!

1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not?
I am organized to a fault. I make rough drafts of shopping lists, and have a pen and notepaper in every room.

2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly?
Even though I have no job and no agenda except walking a dog, I use and refer to my agenda book every day.

3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now?
Actually no, it isn't, and it bothers me.

4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter?
I organize all the books according to genre: Cdn. Lit, Victorian Lit, Romantic Lit., poetry, signed first editions, and "his" books. Mr. Crabby carefully alphabetized the CDs, and I'm not allowed to touch them.

5. What's the hardest thing you've ever had to organize?
Sigh. A drawer full of photos, dating back almost 60 years, that constituted the CNIB's photographic library. Some needed to be archived, so as an added bonus, I got to work with my best friend who was responsible for archival material.