Friday, May 16, 2003

What's the opposite of a week from hell? Obviously, we lean towards "week from heaven" but is that any better? Who needs the pressure of surviving a week in heaven? In terms of my urbanized version of a resource-challenged heaven, the pressure has eased somewhat, since I accepted a respectable job offer this morning. In no way does this fact diminish my insatiable need to pry into your lives, by way of The Friday Five. To me this week, the number FIVE represents the amount of painkillers I'll need to get through each day (imagined new job stress) - or the amount of hours you'll nap after reading this very boring Friday Five. I don't write 'em I just paste 'em.

1. What drinking water do you prefer -- tap, bottle, purifier, etc.?
Tap is just fine, but if I need to buy a bottle, only Aberfoyle will do.

2. What is your favourite flavor of chips?
Salt and Vinegar, although I can't remember when I last ate chips. Mmmmmm..... chips.

3. Of all the things you can cook, what dish do you like the most?
Hard question. I think my chicken and mushrooms in wine sauce is killer, but Mr. Crabby raves about my jerk chicken. I'm most proud of my recent success with pickling, but if I had to pick one recipe I like the most, it would be my roasted tomatoes. Or the tapenade. Actually, my sesame sole is really delicious too .....

4. How do you have your eggs?
Over hard. Very hard. Killed. No runny bits or they go back.

5. Who was the last person who cooked you a meal? How did it turn out?
Icy cooked us two fantastic, labour-intensive meals recently, both of which turned out brilliantly. Unless you count Ronald McDonald this afternoon, who didn't do such a good job, really.