Monday, September 27, 2004

Two subscriptions, two t-shirts, and nine books later...
Yesterday, Mr. Crabby and I motorcycled over to Word on the Street, which thankfully has out-grown its former Queen Street venue, and is now housed in pastoral Queen's Park. It was lots o'fun, but I'm glad we went early; the crowds got to be a bit much. More specifically, the crowds of big fat knapsacks, big huge strollers, big huge dogs, and big huge hornets were overwhelming. We got as much loot as the bike could carry, then curled up on our porch and read for hours and hours.

Andy Rooney is a blowhole
I watched 60 Minutes last night. Despite the network's recent embarrassment, it's still a good show. Except for Andy Rooney. Retire already. Being old and cranky and elitist must pay very well. While acknowledging America's poor voter turnout, he cautioned citizens against casting an uneducated vote. He went as far as to belittle new immigrants, in my mind. I can't remember his exact words, so I'll paraphrase: "If you are new to this country and English is not your first language, wait another four years before voting." That's quite the generalization, and that makes you an arse.

Show me the money!
I found a couple of job postings that interest me. I'm not looking for a new job, but these are worth exploring. My resume needs an update anyway, so it's a worthwhile exercise.