Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Why I am in love with Mr. Crabby
Warning to the hard-hearted: post contains mushy gooey stuff

He always makes me laugh
He is a very good car-parker
He's a kid at heart
He spoils me
He helps and encourages me
He knows what he wants and doesn't want
He is romantic
He loves music
His views on life and love and food are the same as mine
He is very social, whereas I am anti-social

Everything that is good in my life today is because of him. Any of the good stuff that can be attributed to me is only because he encouraged me to believe in myself. I had been in love before, but Mr. Crabby was the first to offer me genuine, respectful, unconditional love. This defies language.

I had a horrible day yesterday. "I'm going home to have a stiff drink and a good cry," I told my assistant. Waiting for me at home was a steak dinner and a bottle of wine, already on the table, and a rented movie waiting upstairs. And you know what else? The kitchen was spotless.

Mr. Crabby, sweet boy, thank you for taking it all away. Thank you for giving me so much.