Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Insurance companies make me Crabby
I pay premiums (premia?) to two insurance companies: one to insure our car, and another to provide me with health benefits through my employer. Both policies are mandatory (i.e., the government forces me to insure our car, and my employer's plan is not optional). Both insurance companies have told me that I am not eligible for coverage since being injured in a car accident last month.

The car insurance shits have said, "you must use your work benefits first." The employer health insurance shits have said, "you are not eligible for coverage for treatment resulting from an mva." Peckers.

I am out of pocket a few hundred dollars, I am still in pain, and I am very Crabby.

Knapsacks make me Crabbby
At this time every year I am reminded of my hatred for knapsacks. Specifically, I hate the big fat ultra-extended knapsacks that are attached to students on the subway or streetcar. More specifically, the knapsacks that hit me in the face every time said student moves. Why does a kid need such a huge knapsack for one day at school? If they were camping, or hiking cross-country, I'd understand.

And one more thing...
I'm not a very good sleeper; most nights I sleep for about five hours. Last night, however, I got lucky. Er, I mean, I slept for more than seven hours!! The bad news is that I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and had to go to the bathroom. I knew it was game over - that I'd never go back to sleep whether I visited the loo or not. So I got up, made a pot of coffee, and cleaned out the refridgerator. I feel so cheated!