Sunday, October 19, 2003


Anaylze This

Bad Dream #1: I am on my way to Glencoe to help Ice Queen find her lost poem. Something happens and I fall down on the highway. There I am - lying on highway 401 in rural southwestern Ontario, and I can't get up. I'm hurt. It hurts. Off in the distance, I see oncoming traffic. It's a big red streetcar. It's bearing down on me. It's being driven by my mother. She's not stopping the big red streetcar. She hits me. Instead of squashing me, as I expected, the streetcar just sort of pushes me along the highway. She's smiling down at me from the driver's seat. I'm really cheesed off at her for pushing me along the road like this. Eventually she stops the streetcar. I get up, brush myself off, get on the streetcar, pay her my $2.25 fare, and sit down in the second-seat-driver-side just like I do everyday.

Bad Dream #2: I have a job interview in a newly errected shack in the parking lot of the Loblaws Super Centre at Leslie and Lakeshore. It's some sort of health care facility. I arrive early, only to notice that I'm wearing my suit jacket, a cami, stockings, and pumps. No pants. Ok, ok, pretty typical nightmare so far, I know, but I'm not horrified or humiliated in this dream. I'm just surprised that I forgot my pants. For what seemed like the next five hours I walked all over this shack looking for my pants. My mother was supposed to drop them off. Where are my pants? I'm a little cold without my pants. Still lots of time 'till the interview... wish I could find my pants. They're blue. Has anyone seen my pants? Then I looked at the job description, and saw that the position paid way less than I wanted, so I just left. Without my pants.

In other news, I made a most delicious Jambalaya last night. My house has Jambalaya Wiff. The recipe said it would feed ten. Ha!