Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Commuting with Crabby

I rode my bicycle to work for the first time today. It was surprisingly civilized - pretty much a straight line door to door, with a dedicated bicycle lane for half the distance. What could be easier? I was a little wobbly, but I'm quite pleased with myself.

I was very conscious of three things while riding my bicycle to work for the first time today: Tuesday is garbage day in my end of town (it was a very smelly ride); sewer grates and potholes are hard on the business district (you know what I mean); and that pizza-toed sling backs are not appropriate footwear for riding a bicycle (but are trés chic for most other occasions, non?).

And just my luck, because I rode my bicycle to work for the first time today, it's bound to rain. Stay tuned.