Wednesday, December 24, 2003


To Do Today:

Dust top of pumpkin cheesecake with grated nutmeg
Iron tablecloth
Set table
Make bed
Hide litany of painkillers in bathroom
Grill chicken tikka masala
Make rice pilau
Brush teeth
Organize hair

Christmas Eve is normally quiet for Mr. Crabby and I; this year, however, it's our busy evening. I'm coping with my to-do list by sitting here on my arse blogging. Mommy and Daddy Crab will be here in two hours.

We have no holiday traditions as a couple, despite being married for seven years. Perhaps our only tradition, which we have disposed of this year, is travelling somewhere to visit relatives, minimum of one hour away, every Christmas. Most often, two hours away. In the snow belt. This year, we're staying at home. We have our DVDs and rum balls and wine and blankets all set for a peaceful day together tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to you. I wish you the happiest of holidays, filled with rest, laughter, music, and more rest.