Friday, October 24, 2003


My nephew is (almost) healthy, and back at home! Finally it's Friday. Here's the Five.

1) Too busy to cook? The cupboards are bare? Who ya gonna call?
Ho-Lee-Chow is my takeout of choice. Mr. Crabby prefers pizza or Jamaican. I have ordered Ho-Lee-Chow so often lately that Einstein, our more social cat, has developed a relationship with the delivery guy.

2) Do you eat in front of the TV, or at the table?
Admittedly, we eat with Jerry Seinfeld and Alex Trebek most nights. In the summer we do this less, as it's so nice to eat in the backyard or on the front porch.

3) What's for dinner tonight?
Tonight I'm on my own, so it'll likely be popcorn and/or raw broccoli. I think I also saw some pickled mushrooms in the fridge... Mr. Crabby, I hope, will take the leftover stroganoff and noodles to work tonight.

4) What's the state of your kitchen right now?
It's tidy and ready for action. I've got a day of cooking planned for Saturday.

5) If you could have any meal, with anyone, absolutely anywhere tonight, what would you select?
I would want something stewed and savoury, with a cheese plate and candied nuts, exceptional wine that I would never buy myself, with Mr. Crabby, in a cabin somewhere in the rocky Canadian Shield, where it is windy and snowing outside the clattering window, by the fireplace where our kitties and puppy are dozing, with a whole bunch of movies and music to enjoy throughout the evening.

Alternatively, I wish that same evening for Cecilia - that she be home with her family for dinner tonight.